Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:45:39 -0700
From:      mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, chat@freebsd.org, Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Subject:   Re: Commercial, Non-Hacker CD Distribution - A thought

And my motivation for Applix is that is IS a commercial UNIX product.
In use on Sun within the Defense Department and many other US Agencies.
And now available for Linux.  Totally (it's my lie, let me tell it) MS
OFFICE (Awfice) compatible, with a file amnager and many other utilities
along with a couple hundred page manual.

ApplixWare is a threat to MS Awfice (Orifice).  I don't think Star is,
but it has potential.

My selling point with Gov't agencies is that they can still use
Applix.... or use Applix on both Sun and PC..... (along with X window
and Open Look...)

-Mike