Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2001 23:15:58 GMT
From:      ohshutup@zdnetmail.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.2

Sorry to write, but I've got a few questions regarding 4.2.
  I recently ftp'd it and I am trying to build a custom kernel
but the following problems occure
     in dev/ppbus/ppb_1284.c there are the following errors when
     compiling.
       in function ppb_peripheral_negociate -
              line 213 syntax error before `='
              line 193 warning `r' might be uninitialized in this function.

       Also when SMP functions are opted in the kernel config file
       compilation stops with an error.

       At the moment I can't get the kernel to compile because of the ppb
       problem.  And I'm sure that there are more errors awaiting me.

   I hate to say it, but I do not recall having these problems with 3.5.
   Any assistance is greatly appreciated, and if it is in technical by nature
   please give me details on what I need to do so that I can perhaps get the
   files to you for a look over.

Thank you, and hope to get this resolved.

Sincerely,

Kris Anderson