Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:35:01 +0100
From:      Henrik Gulbrandsen <henrik@gulbra.net>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org>, Alan Cox <alc@freebsd.org>, pho@freebsd.org, bug-followup@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/187238: =?UTF-8?Q?vm=2Epmap=2Epcid=5Fenabled=3D=22=31=22?= =?UTF-8?Q?=20causes=20Java=20to=20coredump=20in=20FBSD=20=31=30?=

On 2014-03-24 20:11, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> Yes, I think that the analysis and the patch (for stable/10) is
> correct.
> Thank you for tracking this down.

I'm glad to hear that. I was a bit worried when I encountered a very
similar crash in another Java port yesterday, but that was independent
of the vm.pmap.pcid_enabled tunable and turned out to be a simple
ABI version mismatch.

> Show me the first lines of the verbose dmesg for your machine.

I'm sorry - was this a request for me or Craig? I'm not quite sure
what information you're looking for.

> Below is the cumulative patch for HEAD.  If somebody can test this
> with jdk build on HEAD, it would be useful.
> For testing, the tunable vm.pmap.pcid_enabled must be set to 1
> from the loader prompt.

I'd be happy to test, but at the moment I'm stuck doing some real work
on my only suitable machine, so it will have to wait. If anyone else
wants to do it - feel free to contribute! :-)

/Henrik