Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:42:41 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        Juergen Lock <nox@freebsd.org>, emulation list freebsd <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: latest flashplugin and panic with Nvidia

On 01/-10/-28163 20:59, Mark Felder wrote:
> Latest flashplugin causes a panic with Nvidia due to vdpau. 10.1 does not
> have this issue. Have you had reports? Can you mark it broken or
> something? Perhaps there's even a way to disable vdpau in 10.2?

I have (the latest) www/linux-f10-flashplugin10 running together with
x11/nvidia-driver all with standard port options and I do not have any
panics on 8.2-RELEASE/amd64 -- for example watching Youtube videos.

I does not seem to be generally broken. All my packages are up to date,
all build on 8.1-RELEASE but x11/nvidia-driver build on 8.2.

> It appears making this setting change in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg works in Linux:
>

> EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=0

I do not have a setting like that.

Is there anything specific that triggers the panic?

Cheers,
Jan Henrik