Date:      Mon, 17 May 2004 12:30:56 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@8ball.co.za>
To:        Gareth Bailey <blygar1@webmail.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba slow to start on bootup

--=-pzvv59pnm8jYzgx1Vtpm

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 11:56, Gareth Bailey wrote:
> I stopped samba using samba.sh stop, then started it again
> with samba.sh start. You are correct as far as the output
> goes, only "Samba" is written to console. But Samba took 30
> - 40 seconds to load! It seems Samba is actually causing
> the pause.
>=20
> Why would this be?
>=20
> Thanks
> Gareth

Try running smbd in debug mode smbd -F -S -d3 and see if anything stands
out. Perhaps a server you have specified in your configuration file is
unavailable or not responding. Do the same for nmbd.

Cheers,
--=20
Nelis Lamprecht
PGP: http://www.8ball.co.za/pgpkey/nelis.asc
"Unix IS user friendly.. It's just selective about who its friends are."

--=-pzvv59pnm8jYzgx1Vtpm

--=-pzvv59pnm8jYzgx1Vtpm--