Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:52:03 +0100
From:      Aleksander Fafula <alex@fafula.com>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   x11/xsm missing build dependiency with xorg-7.2.r3_3

Hello!

Please see this log (from yesterday, 16 January 2007):

checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking for rsh... no
checking for rcmd... no
checking for remsh... no
configure: error: No rsh like program found
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to x11@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/home/tmp/home/ports/x11/xsm/work/xsm-1.0.1/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/ports/x11/xsm.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/ports/x11/xorg-apps.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/ports/x11/xorg.

I've encountered this problem because I have NO_RCMDS=yes in
my /etc/make.conf.

I think additional test for checking if there is rsh should be performed (if
rsh is really needed).

After: cd /usr/scr/usr.bin/rsh && ... make install and so on it passed
configure and now I have xorg working ;-).

Regards,
Aleksander Fafula aka oleczek

--
Still looking for the last digit of pi...
alex@fafula.com, alex@BSDGuru.org