Date:      23 Mar 1995 15:25:33 -0500
From:      "Rogers, Bradley" <rogersb@synrome.com>
To:        "FreeBSD_Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Loopback net

Can someone give me a hint as to how my /etc/hosts, /etc/networks, and
/etc/netstart files should be set up to support a loopback network?  I have no
Ethernet card installed.  I thought I had it set up properly, but apparently
not.  I can ping localhost, but not the machine name itself.  Am I correct in
thinking the problem may be with the multicast (224.0.0.0) setup in netstart?
That line in netstart always complains that the network is unreachable.

Thanks!