Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:49:31 +0400
From:      c0re <nr1c0re@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update 8.1 to 8.1-p1

Is not "p1" compiled in kernel during make buildkernel operation?
If yes, /boot/kernel of 8.1 and /boot/kernel 8.1-p1 must be different.
So binary diff of /boot/kernel also must be installed during
freebsd-update. It's my opinion. Why not?

I think it's not reasonable to have updated system without actually be
possible to know that it's really updated. And I think that if you are
looking for real patch level of your OS, you will look at uname -a,
not in newvers.sh file.

Correct me if i'm wrong.