Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 13:56:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Anthony Bourov <abourov@alt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: Having problems with upgrading old aout kernel.

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Anthony Bourov wrote:

> I have a server running 3.0-RELEASE aout kernel, and due to the many
> security and stability issues I need to upgrade it to the latest stable.
> This is a live system, and I would like to take the safest approach
> possible. What I have tried to do is this:

A binary snapshot upgrade might be less pain all-round, and you can
re-make world again once it's installed if you like.

The 'make upgrade' target seems to have rotted - people have reported
success upgrading to 3.2-REL with it, and then doing a regular 'make
world' after cvsupping to -stable, but doing it at once doesn't seem to
work lately.

Kris

----