Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:21:16 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Vittorio Mori <vmori@cronosnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Invalid number format

From=20the keyboard of Vittorio Mori:

> When I dial, I get:
>=20
> "Invalid Number Format".
>=20
> 4.0-RELEASE works fine.
>=20
>  Plz take a look at this soon, it's way too frustrating.

I already took a look at this but did not found anything so there is
not much i=B4m able to do right now. I understand that it is frustrating
but please understand that a) i cannot reproduce this, but you are
- afaik - the only one who can reproduce this and b) i can and will
only work on this if i have time _and_ if i like to do so.

> Also, the problem with the iwic driver persists,

Which problem (there were several) ? Please give a detailed bug report!

> even after the patch you
> sent in the mailing-list some time ago. It's more frequent, but persists.

The biggest problem was that frames with CRC errors were allowed to go
up to the stack and do bad things there. This has been fixed. In case you
are talking about getting CRC errors, then there is not much i can do
about this: this CRC errors are detected by the chip but the cause for
them is in your hardware setup.

hellmuth
--=20
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47=
-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47=
-77
Oldesloer Strasse 97-99                               Mail  hm [at] hcs.de
D-22457 Hamburg                                       WWW   http://www.hcs.=
de