Date:      Wed, 11 May 2005 10:58:11 -0400
From:      Gabor Esperon <gesperon@isncom.com>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clustering with Freebsd

On May 11, 2005, at 10:10 AM, Eric Anderson wrote:

> Dmitriy Kirhlarov wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric!

>>> How would gmirror and ggated help?
>>>
>> Replicate data between two hosts, but it not very fine solution --
>> cached data not replicate to second node, when first node die.
>>

> And it would only be for failover, not for load distribution/
> balancing.
>
> We really need a clustered filesystem for FreeBSD..
>
> Eric

I using ggated with freevrrpd for cluster failover. The freevrrpd
allow you to define scripts to execute whatever the main host in the
cluster goes down or up, so you can mount and execute startup scripts
for your services (ej: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache2.sh start), and
stop the service and umount when the main host goes up again.