Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 1996 08:08:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ntp syncronization

I currently don't have access to the ntp newsgroup, can't find the mailing
list, beat on it until I had a headache, so finally decided to bug someone
here.

I'm trying to syncronize a subnet of machines using ntp.  I've got one
FreeBSD machine that runs stable if we loose our internet connection, and
I'd like to set it up so that its internal clock is considered a stratum
13 clock source, because while having the correct time is important,
having everyone agree on the time is more important, and if we loose our
connection, everthing falls back to stratum 16, so they won't syncronize
with each other then.