Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 15:35:41 +0800
From:      Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No sound with quake 2 on FreeBSD-2.2.8

> > >From what I can tell, it calls SNDCTL_DSP_RESET and then SNDCTL_DSP_GETCAPS
> > which both seem to work ok, but it doesn't seem to like the result it gets
> > from SNDCTL_DSP_GETCAPS.
>
> correct. if i remember well quake wants to mmap the buffers whch is
> something the pcm driver does not support.
>
> 	luigi

So when are you adding this functionality to the pcm driver? It's the only
thing stopping me from moving to it (apart from having to replace my elderly
PAS16, but that's not hard).

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California