Date:      Mon, 23 May 2011 17:50:39 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: perl-threaded

Not necessarily, many cpan modules are either thread unaware/innocuous
or thread safe, though there are exceptions.
I have re-compiled Perl with threads with pre-installed libraries and
never had a problem.

You will surely know which things fail when they blow-up or leak you
to death, when you use threading of course. Especially long-running
software like mod_perl. But for that, you always have
maxrequestsperchild ;-)

Now that I mention it, mod_perl would probably need rebuilding IMHO
just to be on the safe side, wherever _that_ is with threads ;-)

Joking aside, I have scaled tremendously with apache mod_perl +
mod_worker a rare but exquisite high-scale Web software recipe.

Best

--
Alejandro Imass

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Jamie Paul Griffin <griffin@gnix.co.uk> wr=
ote:
> I have rebuilt my perl5.14 with threading support. do I need to rebuild m=
y perl-linked ports again now i've made this change?