Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:17:40 +0300
From:      "Abdulla Hamad M. AlAthba" <explorer@qatar.net.qa>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "'freebsd-info@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-info@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: Partitioning Information

Dear Sir,

I got this mail from my isp which i'll go to have Freebsd server,

Please i need a help to answer these Questions to have fast server, i'll use my server to be IRC server for Clients not as hub server

My server is Intel 333 Mhz and has 128 mb sdram with 2 GB HD.
So which is beter Number of file descriptors compiled in kernel: dynamically allocated or 2048 ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Abdulla

Hello,

	Before I begin installation, eMail me if there is any special partition
sizes you wish to have for the installation.  I myself always prefer to
have the root partition of 256 MB, my spool parition of 500 MB, and then
one large partition for the USR drive (which also contains the VAR).  If
you would like any non-default partitioning performed, please let me know
before Wednesday 10am EST.

James Fabin