Date:      Sat, 04 May 2002 15:03:47 +0200
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Update => Re: Error upgrading ImageMagick-5.4.4 with portupgrade

"S. Roberts" wrote:

> Hello,
>      I've got an update to my earlier posting:-
> I went ahead with the option:
> make NO_CHECKSUM=yes
> which appeared to run through the upgrade to ImageMagick-5.4.4.5 without
> any errors. But then after running pkg_version -v, I still get:
> # pkg_version -v
> AbiWord-gnome-1.0.0                 =   up-to-date with port
> ImageMagick-5.4.4                   <   needs updating (port has
> 5.4.4.5)
> Mesa-3.4.2_2                        =   up-to-date with port
> ORBit-0.5.15_1                      =   up-to-date with port
> a2ps-letterdj-4.13_1                =   up-to-date with port
> aalib-1.4.r5_1                      =   up-to-date with port
>
> <snip>
> Re-running portupgrade getsme this again:
>
> # portupgrade ImageMagick-5.4.4
> --->  Upgrading 'ImageMagick-5.4.4' to 'ImageMagick-5.4.4.5'
> (graphics/ImageMagick)
> --->  Building '/usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick'
> ===>  Cleaning for libiconv-1.7_4
<snip>
> ===>  Cleaning for ImageMagick-5.4.4.5
> ===>  Extracting for ImageMagick-5.4.4.5
> >> Checksum mismatch for ImageMagick-5.4.4-5.tar.gz.
> Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file
> (/usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick/distinfo)
> are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
> check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick.
> ** Command failed: make
> ** Fix the problem and try again.
> ** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped /
> !:failed)
>         ! graphics/ImageMagick (ImageMagick-5.4.4)      (checksum mismatch)
> #
>
> Something's definitely *not* right here.., I would have thought that if
> the make option to ignore checksum validity were wrong, I'd at least get
> *some* indication of a failure to upgrade to the new version.

If you've downloaded the *.tar.gz file for ImageMagick, v 5.4.4.5, and beleive
it's the correct one, and want to fix the checksum error, then you could try
to do this:

cd /usr/ports/distfiles

Do a ls and you should see the ImageMagick-5.4.4.5.tar.gz, or something like
that.

Now do this:

md5 ImageMagick-5.4.4.5.tar.gz > ../graphics/ImageMagick/distinfo

Try once more to do your upgrade as you did before...

Did it work ok now?

The paths given above, and maybe the name of the tar.gz file might be wrong,
so fill in the correct values.

A checksum error could also, by the way, indicate that the file is not correct
downloaded, due to a network error or something else.

Best regards,
Paul