Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 19:27:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@bazzle.com>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Cc:        Fuyuhiko Maruyama <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>, Jim Knoll <jknoll@indy.rr.com>, <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OpenJIT-1.1.16 released. (Re: Using OpenJIT with jdk1.3.1p4)

Hello
	I'm not the maintainer of the port but I think we need a better
way to configure the builds for jits also.  All the jits default to
jdk1.1.8 and I never use the jdk1.1.8 port.  I can't wait to start using
the 1.4 j2se under freebsd.

Regards,

Eric Chet

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Ernst de Haan wrote:

> Would not it be a good idea to split openjit in three separate ports:
>
>    openjit-jdk11
>    openjit-jdk12
>    openjit-jdk13
>
> The difference is obvious IMO.
>
> /Ernst
>

> Eric J. Chet wrote:
> > Hello
> > 	Great job thanks. I modified the openjit port to build
> > version 1.1.16 using jkd1.3.1.  I will leave it to the maintainer to commit it as
> > he sees fit.
> >
> > You can get the port from:
> >
> > fetch http://www.bazzle.com/java/openjit16_port.tgz
> >
> > Enjoy,
> >
> > Eric Chet -> ejc@bazzle.com
> > ejc@FreeBSD.org -> "Live Free or Die"
> >
> > On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Fuyuhiko Maruyama wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, all
> > >
> > > We have released OpenJIT-1.1.16.
> > >
> > > OpenJIT-1.1.16 supports j2sdk1.3.1 as well as jdk1.1.8 and jdk1.2.2.
> > > It contains a few bugfixes not appeared with jdk1.1.8 and jdk1.2.2.
> > > The other enhancement is an experimental support to load OpenJIT's
> > > classes from OpenJIT.jar instead of spreaded indivisual classfiles.
> > >
> > > See http://www.openjit.org
> > >
> > > Have a fun!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Fuyuhiko MARUYAMA <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>

> --
> Ernst de Haan
> Euronet Internet B.V.
>
>     "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
>         and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ

Eric Chet -> echet@cms.cendant.com, ejc@bazzle.com, ejc@kenpo-jujitsu.com
Technical Lead/Architect Cendant Inc. Distributed OO Systems, J2EE, CORBA
Kenpo JuJitsu the Ultimate in Self Defense, Tai Chi for Life
ejc@FreeBSD.org -> "Live Free or Die"