Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 2004 07:45:51 -0600
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        James Van Artsdalen <james-freebsd-amd64@jrv.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shaky support or my system?

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 03:30:11PM -0600, James Van Artsdalen wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 06:07:19 -0600 (CST)
> > From: James Van Artsdalen <james@jrv.org>
> >
> > > From: Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
> > > Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:51:45 +0100

> > > Don't run that, it'll just tell you that the system is only marginally faster
> > > than the athlon XP it replaces.
> >
> > I've reproduced Janne's panic with ubench twice.  Both show similar
> > outputs from the panic.  Panic #3 is proving more elusive: I'm running
> > ubench for the fourth time in a row now waiting for crash #3.
>
> Unfortunately it appears my case was a false alarm.
> My Tyan K8W S2885 is not stable unless ECC is turned off in ROM setup.

Could you guys post what kind of memory (brand and part no. if possible)
you are using? I'm planning to purchase a dual Opteron setup in the
not-to-distant future and was hoping to avoid the kind of (unpleasant)
memory experiences that I had with my early Athlon MP systems (apparent
compatibilty issues, esp. with registered ECC modules).

Thanks,
Bob