Date:      12 Dec 2001 12:17:02 -0600
From:      James McNaughton <jtm63@enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
Subject:   Re: Kernel won't build (and I cleaned out the modules already)

James McNaughton <jtm63@enteract.com> writes:

> Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net> writes:
>

> > rm -rf /usr/obj
> > recvsup
> > rebuild again.
> >
> > Josh
>
> Well I tried, and now it fails in a different spot. Recent actions
> have included:
>
>         Adding MODULES_WITH_WORLD=yes to make.conf
>
>         Cleaning out /usr/obj per the Handbook which included removing
>         the immutable flag on the files. Also running 'make cleandir'
>         twice.
>
>         cvsupping again.
>
> The failure is:
>
> rm -f .depend
> mkdep -f .depend -a    -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include  /usr/src/usr.sbin/boot0cfg/boot0cfg.c
> cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/boot0cfg; make _EXTRADEPEND
> echo boot0cfg: /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib/libc.a  >> .depend
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> 1 error
>
> I'll try again with out  MODULES_WITH_WORLD=yes and see what happens
>
> ?

After taking out MODULES_WITH_WORLD=yes from make.conf, buildworld
worked but buildkernel failed at the same place in making modules.

The only thing that got the kernel to compile was using
NO_MODULES=true. So now I have old modules. I still don't know why it
doesn't find linux_proto.h. The file is on my system.

Jim