Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 17:25:50 +0800
From:      Rong-En Fan <rafan@infor.org>
To:        Markus Brueffer <markus@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for testers: New acpi_ibm driver

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 06:57:09PM +0200, Markus Brueffer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for testers for a mostly rewritten and enhanced version of the
> acpi_ibm (ACPI Thinkpad Extras) driver.
>
> You can find it along with a first draft of the new manpage at:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~markus/ibm/
>
> If you are running -CURRENT, simply replace the former driver with the new
> one in sys/dev/acpi_support and rebuild it. (sorry, no patch for 5.x for
> now).
>
> Please mail me on failure and success and include the output of
> # sysctl hw.acpi.ibm

hw.acpi.ibm.initialmask: 2060
hw.acpi.ibm.availmask: 16777215
hw.acpi.ibm.events: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.eventmask: 2060
hw.acpi.ibm.hotkey: 2432
hw.acpi.ibm.lcd_brightness: 5
hw.acpi.ibm.volume: 6
hw.acpi.ibm.mute: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.thinklight: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.bluetooth: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.wlan: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.fan_rpm: 3516
hw.acpi.ibm.fan_status: 1
hw.acpi.ibm.thermal: 61 -1 55 39 41 -1 27 -1

It's few days' ago -current on IBM X31-IDV. Works good.
I tried write to lcd_brightness, volume, thinklight
and it works ! Thanks.

But, seems that wlan's value
is not correct. For example, after boot, wlan=1.
I ifconfig ath0 up, sysctl wlan=0, wireless stills
works. Does it supposed to work in that way?

> - support for reading up to 8 thermal sensors

Is there any reference that describes which sensor
monitors what part of ThinkPad?

Cheers,
rafan.