Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 02:47:58 +0200
From:      Tomasz Paszkowski <ns88@k.pl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd

Hello,

I'am running a preety big network (about 2k users) with a private addresses.
I've been using natd + ipfw for ages and I really like it. But I've run into
performance problems. Machine with PIV 1.7Ghz can't afford translating
such a pig pool of connections (huge slow down of transfer). Does any one
have seen any patches improving natd performacne ?

I'am thinking about moving translations table to SHM and split translation
process into multiple parallel process, but maybe somone have already done
this ?

--