Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:26:24 -0400
From:      "Ben Kaduk" <minimarmot@gmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Current" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cannot install october snapshot from ftp server

Hi all,

I actually had trouble with September, too, but I didn't try terribly hard.

As I understand it, only a couple of ftp servers have the actual
distribution data
for the snapshots, with current.freebsd.org (aliased to
snapshots.jp.freebsd.org)
being canonical; I assume that snapshots.se.freebsd.org would also be likely
to have them, from its name.

However, as I went to install amd64 last night, I was getting "failed to log in"
messages from current.freebsd.org, and I think from snapshots.se.freebsd.org
as well (though my memory is not 100% certain).  Certainly I failed to install
a system by this method, and resorted to downloading disc 1 and doing a
standard install from CD.

I am moderately inclined to believe that I'm seeing server-side problems,
but I'm not sure.  Are there other servers that would have the distributions
for the monthly snapshots?

Thanks,

Ben Kaduk