Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:05:42 -0800
From:      Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
To:        Ilya Martynov <m_ilya@agava.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Control-C doesn't work with ssh

At 06:11 PM 12/12/2001 +0300, Ilya Martynov wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Have anybody know what can cause for not working Control-C in ssh?

Are you absolutely positive CTRL-C isn't working?

I have observed symptoms similar to those you describe when I view a lot of
output over an SSH session and want to pause the display or send a CTRL-C
to abort execution; my keystrokes do take effect, but sometimes it takes a
long time for my local display to reflect that, because there are a lot of
characters in the buffer/pipeline between my local machine and the distant
machine which were sent prior to my CTRL-C which are still delivered to the
local machine and its display.

--
Greg Broiles -- gbroiles@parrhesia.com -- PGP 0x26E4488c or 0x94245961
Eliminate due process, civil rights? It's the Constitution, stupid!