Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:45:54 +0100
From:      Andreas Longwitz <longwitz@incore.de>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN4BSD (HPS version) is going into ports

Hi Hans,

> The issue about "core show channels" that shows more and more channels,
> happens only in Asterisk 1.8.x and is due to chan_capi not updating the
> channel name correctly according to how Asterisk expects it being done.

With revision 2473 of isnd4bsd this problem is solved:

-> asterisk -rx "core show channels" (before incoming call)
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)
CAPI//-free          s@default:1          Down    (None)
1 active channel
0 active calls
0 calls processed
Asterisk ending (0).
-> asterisk -rx "core show channels" (during the call)
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)
SIP/34-00000000      4994068@from-interna Ringing AppDial((Outgoing Line))
CAPI/ISDN_TE_1/49940 4994068@capi_telekom Ring    Dial(SIP/34,30,gj)
CAPI//-free          s@default:1          Down    (None)
3 active channels
1 active call
1 call processed
Asterisk ending (0).
-> asterisk -rx "core show channels" (after hangup)
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)
CAPI//-free          s@default:1          Down    (None)
1 active channel
0 active calls
1 call processed
Asterisk ending (0).

> The issue about deadlock should be solved by moving the channel allocation
> outside of the CAPI applications lock. Channel free is already outside this
> lock. There now will always be a free channel, when no call is pending. Please
> also note that the CDR start time might be different than before. That means
> it should be set to the time when the PBX thread was started for incoming
> calls, not when doing DID (dial in digits), and for outgoing calls, when the
> asterisk channel was allocated.
>
> Fixes are available in my I4B SVN repository in the trunk/chan_capi folder.
>
> Please test and report back!

I will do some tests and then update my production server and report the
results.

> Thanks for valuable feedback!

Thanks for valuable correction!

--