Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Darren Henderson <darren@bmv.state.me.us>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4 CDs set (should be: strange freebsd list behavior)

Thanks for the quick reply Ken.

It turned out that this problem is apparently related to the new version of
sendmail. Since sendmail is running in two pieces now and the first does an
ident look up its getting a response of user@localhost, the freebsd mailing
lists (somewhat overzealously imo) interprets this as the original addread
and find is peculiar so rejects the message.

Quick solution was to turn off ident services, final solution will have to
involve something a bit finer if I want to keep the ident server running.