Date:      Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:25:28 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        "Tom O'Heir" <toheir@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dual processors

Tom O'Heir wrote:

> Hi. Does version 4.4 support dual processors? The search function gives
> me no response.

You have to add the SMP features to your kernel. Look for this section
and remove the # on the options.

# To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed
#options        SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
#options        APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA