Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:05:04 -0400
From:      "V S P" <toreason@fastmail.fm>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: single image OS with multiple freebsd machines

hi,
I agree, and hoping that something like that is already out there

especially given freebsd separation for virtual spaces/cpus for jail
support
it just the other way around
adding resources 'back' into the pool

After learning about kerrighed  I am thinking that

various hadoop/ map reduce systems and clustered database servers (when
they are clustered
for performance and not fault-tolerance) -- are really incorrect
approaches for
multi-machine parallelism
--instead having it done by OS resources is really the right approach
as it it basically tells application developer:
"
as long as you design your system to run concurrently on a single
machine
our OS will automatically scale it across more than one machine
"
this is very powerful -- and I was hoping something like this is also
available in
the BSD system.

--
Vlad P