Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 95 13:41 CDT
From:      malenovi@cview.com (Nik Malenovic)
To:        piero@strider.ibenet.it
Subject:   Re: root Telnet access

SET MODE /VERY_SARCASTIC /BLACK_HUMOR

In article <DEJo6w.DFo@cview.com> you write:
>Quoting from dennis (Thu Sep  7 18:02:03 1995):
>> How do you enable/allow root telnet access in FreeBSD?
>By declaring all the ptys "secure" edit /etc/ttys.

well you could also set /etc/hosts.equiv and put + + in it I'm sure
it would solve the problem. or better yet, use vipw(1), end put blank
field where root password is. heck, why not hack login(1) and delete
the part that asks for password (and verifies it).

I am sure it will help.

>This question belongs to -question :)

no it actually belongs to -brainless. If I wouldn't have NSA/FBI breathing
through my phone line, I'd release a worm on your network. right before
I'd cut your ISP link.

balh

Nik
--
sin.com - Proudly running FreeBSD 2.0.5 486DX2/50 32 Mb RAM 1.5Gb SCSI
Look at what Linux did - it made everyone aware of Unices, but it has put