Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:44:13 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail, Access To

Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Got a question that I cant seem to find in my sendmail book here. What I
> want to be able to do is block ALL domains and addresses from sending mail
> through this test mail server im setting up, but have a select few
> domains, and individual addresses.
>
> I didnt want to have to TCP Wrap sendmail as I like it running as a system
> daemon, but is there a way to do both ?

In general you don't want to tcp_wrap sendmail, since you want to be
able to receive incoming mail from all `clients' that might connect to
you and send mail to one of your users/domains.

> Any assistance would be great.

What you want to do is `antirelay' setup, where you block relaying
mail for everyone, and explicitly allow some mail servers to relay
through you.  There are some very good instructions on setting this up
on http://www.sendmail.org/ and the sample Sendmail configuration
files that are distributed with FreeBSD should be nice starting points
on writing your own.

-giorgos