Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:58:15 -0400
From:      "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba-4.3 FreeBSD-10.3 Roaming Profiles

Has anyone on the list gotten Roaming Profiles to work with Samba43 on
FreeBSD configured as as an AD-DC?  I have followed the steps given on
the Samba web-site and while I can get the User Home Drive Shares to
be assigned to a user profile the Roaming Profile share is not
created.

There are differences between the instructions given for user profile
and user home drive share permissions. But even if I duplicate the
settings for the User Home Drive on the Profiles share it is still not
created when added to the User profile.

If someone could point me to a current comprehensive guide as to what
needs to be done on FreeBSD; or can walk me though the exact steps
that they took to get this part working on their Samba install, then I
would greatly appreciate it.

The official guide for the Roaming Profile set-up on the Samba wiki is
not as comprehensive as that for the User Home Drive set-up and I
suspect some trivial piece of assumed knowledge is absent from the
roaming profile write-up.

Sincerely,

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3