Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:12:35 -0400
From:      "Paczkowski, John" <JPaczkowski@knightridder.com>
To:        "'Brett Glass'" <brett@lariat.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        david@usermode.org, tchrist@chthon.perl.com, "Paczkowski, John" <JPaczkowski@knightridder.com>
Subject:   RE: Mercury News forum slanted toward GPL

'Morning folks:

below you'll find my response to Brett's earlier message. as i mention
below, our guest list has not yet been finalized. we went live today only in
the hopes of promoting it.

incidentally, Tom Christiansen was invited to participate, but never
responded to the invitation. Perhaps it was sent to an incorrect address.
Tom, if that is indeed the guess, the invitation stands and we'd love to
have you as a guest.

best,

John Paczkowski
Good Morning Silicon Valley | http://www.gmsv.com
SiliconValley.com | http://www.siliconvalley.com

brett:

our current guest list isn't quite final. there are several other
participants who we're currently talking to who are not biased towards the
GPL. hopefully, at least one more of them will agree to participate before
we go live.

that said, i messaged you specifically because you're one of the few folks i
know who actually agrees with MS on this issue. i would encourage you to
participate in this event *specifically* for those reasons you cite below.