Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 2016 14:42:21 -0800
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Hummingboard boot hangs in -HEAD

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> The hummingboard (really, all imx6 systems) problem showed up between
>  r295351 - r295543, but I haven't had time to narrow it down more than
> that.
>
> Sata has never worked on imx6.  I had limited success with it 2 years
> ago (it kinda worked but there was data corruption), ran out of time
> and set it aside, and have never gotten back to the driver to finish
> getting it working.
>
> -- Ian

Ian:
Thanks for clarification.

To the general mailing list:
I would like to request additional help to resolve the sata issue on
imx6. I have done a preliminary reading of the CAM code and have
looked at the change made to the ahci driver late last year for arm
support. I have inspected the dts files. I have done some poking a
while back into what is loaded and not loaded. However, I do not know
how to properly debug a CAM driver (or any kernel level code) or use
the debug tools.

My personal objective is to become a FreeBSD driver maintainer, and I
have been tracking this issue for a while, but I have stalled out at
this point. I need a higher level of support then the mailing list
provides to become productive (at least initially). At this point
learning how to debug kernel devices by myself is outside of my scope.
However, if someone is willing to Skype or chat/email with more
directed support I will pick this project back up. I would love to
earn a commit bit eventually. Please send me a message if you can
help.

Cheers,

Russ