Date:      Mon, 5 Dec 2005 20:43:28 +0200
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@datamax.bg>
To:        Josh Tolbert <hemi@puresimplicity.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating Apache 2.0.55 to 2.2.0

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 12:16:22PM -0600, Josh Tolbert wrote:
> portupgrade has never failed me. One of portupgrade's best-kept secrets (=
for
> those that don't read the man page, anyway) is the -o flag. It's generall=
y as
> easy as 'portupgrade -o www/apache2 www/apache22'. Of course, you might w=
ant
> to see if you need any flags in the apache22 Makefile and season portupgr=
ad to
> taste with -m.
>=20

I would just add that you should better backup the existing apache
version with pkg_create -b, prior running portupgrade -o (or portmanager).
This will help you to quickly restore the working apache version (2.0)
in case the new one has run-time problems.

Good Luck!

--=20
Vasil Dimov

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1