Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:10:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, jkb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting up -STABLE for hack contest

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
:->The  web-page also  has no  mention of  xinetd --  a pretty  good, IMHO,
:->replacement for inetd.

If we're going to discuss improvements - I'd recommend that if you
have to have a mail server, use one of the modern replacements (I use
qmail) instead of being carefull with sendmail. Those replacements
tend to be smaller than sendmail, and partition the work up so that
the thing that listens to the network doesn't run as root. Both of
these are good things.

	<mike