Date:      Sun, 06 Oct 2013 12:20:25 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Ladan?= <rene@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: www/chromium

On 06-10-2013 09:46, Fervent Dissent wrote:
> I just came across this, thought it might help reduce download and build
> times. I was wandering if this is already in use and if not can it be put
> into the make file?
>

> http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/get-the-code#TOC-Reducing-the-size-of-your-checkout

This is mostly useful when doing source checkouts, e.g. when developing
Chromium itself.  For the port we use the official tarballs without the
Courgette bits.  These tarballs are much smaller than the source
checkouts (~ 160 MB for the source code and ~ 100 MB for the self-tests
vs ~ 12 GB for the git checkout).

René