Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:02:08 -0600
From:      "Eric De La Cruz Lugo" <eric@iteso.mx>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <roger@runcircle.co.uk>, <ghost@mmcable.com>
Subject:   AC97 Codec (on Soyo 7VBA-133 VIA Chipset)

------=_NextPart_000_015F_01C0AE08.8B5EEF80

Hi.

I was surfing the net looking for any hints in order to make my AC97 =
Codec sound to Work

I have a Soyo 7VBA-133 Mobo with 128 MB ram, a 10 GB Samsung HD and a =
Creative 52X CD-ROM.

Am running right now FreeBSD 4.2 with XFree86 3.3.6 and KDE (7.5GB =
partition) and Windows ME (2.5 GB partition)

I can use the CD ROM and play music on the Windows ME side (this of =
course is not important because i want that functionality on my FreeBSD =
OS am reluctant to use Windows ME but my wife insisted :) she want to =
use Corel Draw and Office 2000 (I will teach her StarOffice in the near =
future in order to get rid of Micro$oft)

Well when I boot up I can see my codec AC97 has a recognized hardware, =
but am unable to play a Music CD on my CDROM, when I try to use
the cdplayer program on KDE it say something like:  "Error: Please check =
Your permissions to access /CDROM" (well sort of it am on my job now and =
can=B4t verify this right now i will check tonight).

Do you have any advice or can you redirect me to any source (Sound- =
cdrom Tutorial or how to? or man page), I just printed the "Handbook =
chapeter 14 Sound"  from http://www.freebsd.org/ i will check it in my =
lunch time.

thanks in advance.

Eric De La Cruz Lugo
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico, The MayaLand.

------=_NextPart_000_015F_01C0AE08.8B5EEF80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was surfing the net looking for any =
hints in=20
order to make my AC97 Codec sound to Work</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a Soyo 7VBA-133 Mobo with 128 MB =
ram, a 10=20
GB Samsung HD and a Creative 52X CD-ROM.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Am running right now FreeBSD 4.2 with =
XFree86 3.3.6=20
and KDE (7.5GB partition) and Windows ME (2.5 GB partition)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can use the CD ROM and play music on =
the Windows=20
ME side (this of course is not important because i want that =
functionality on my=20
FreeBSD OS am reluctant to use Windows ME but my wife insisted :) she =
want to=20
use Corel Draw and Office 2000 (I will teach her StarOffice in the near =
future=20
in order to get rid of Micro$oft)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well when I boot up I can see my codec =
AC97 has a=20
recognized hardware, but am unable to play a Music CD on my CDROM, when =
I try to=20
use</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>the cdplayer program on KDE it say =
something=20
like:&nbsp; "Error: Please check Your permissions to access /CDROM" =
(well sort=20
of it am on my job now and can=B4t verify this right now i will check=20
tonight).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Do you have any advice or can you =
redirect me to=20
any source (Sound- cdrom Tutorial or how to? or man page), I just =
printed the=20
"Handbook chapeter 14 Sound"  from <A=20
href=3D"http://www.freebsd.org">http://www.freebsd.org</A></FONT>/ i =
will check it=20
in my lunch time.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thanks in advance.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Eric De La Cruz Lugo</DIV>
<DIV>Merida, Yucatan, Mexico, The MayaLand.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_015F_01C0AE08.8B5EEF80--