Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2013 06:31:09 -0700
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Network Card Configuration during Installation

Dear All ,

Yesterday (  March 11 , 2013 )  I have installed latest Current snapshot .

During network card installation

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/bsdinstall-post.html
( 2.9.2 Configuring Network Interfaces )

there is NO any loop to configure multiple network cards
( Figure 2-22. Choose a Network Interface ) .

At the end , I wanted to configure an additional network card from menu :

2.9.7 Final Configuration
( Figure 2-43. Final Configuration )

It seems that this additional network configuration step
is DESTROYING the previously selected another network card configuration ,
and replacing it by the newly selected ( different ) network card
configuration .

I did  not select third network card configuration , therefore
I do not know whether last selected one replaces the previous selected one
or not .

After the installation , the installed system is not operational any more
if the erased
network card definition is required .

My suggestion :

Please :

Introduce a loop into step ( 2.9.2 Configuring Network Interfaces )
( Figure 2-22. Choose a Network Interface )

Make network configuration steps additive if a different network card is
selected.
If the same network card is selected , in this case , retain last selected
definition by erasing previous definition for the same network card .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk