Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:52:44 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Johan_Str=F6m?= <johan@stromnet.se>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP ProLiant DL360 G5 success stories?

Hello!

Im looking into getting a new server box to replace a Supermicro box, =20=

which unfortunately have a bunch of problems with heat, random =20
hangups, crappy IPMI/remote admin capabilities etc..
What I'm looking at is a DL360 G5, probably with one E5335 (quad 2.0) =20=

and 4G of RAM and 4x 146Gb SAS disks on the Smart Array P400i card.
I've googled and looked through the list archives trying to find =20
success stories/problem reports using FreeBSD on this box, but haven't =20=

found very much.. Only thing was =
http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html=20
  which says "Functional" which isnt very informative ;)

So.. Does anyone have any experience with this combo (DL360 G5 / P400i)?

Furthermore, anyone run 7.0 on this? Or should I still stick with =20
6.3... Load will be a couple of jails mainly running apache + php + =20
mysql (or at least thats where the load will be).

Thanks!

--
Johan Str=F6m
Stromnet