Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:12:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Mearns <johnm@cyber-byte.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   using a driver written for 3.x on 5.3 adaptation?

I'm wanting to play around with Asterisk some and have a Tormenta 2 pci
card supporting 4T1s.  Someone has written drivers for it, but the drivers
and instructions were for 3.x, which was before I got into FreeBSD.  The
instructions are here for using the drivers
http://www.zapatatelephony.org/install-tor.txt

This is my first time using a non-bundled driver and some of the stuff I'm
just not familiar with.  For example theres an entry that should have went
into majors.i386 which no longer seems to be used.  My understanding is
that with 5.3 they are dynamically assigned so that portion should be
unnecessary then I guess?

Is the format:
i386/isa/tor.c                  optional        tor     device-driver
for files.i386 still valid?  It looks like device-driver may be dropped
now.

Anyway any thoughts or help are quite appreciated.
John