Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 1996 14:13:56 -0700
From:      Ian Kallen <ian@gamespot.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org, support@cdrom.com
Cc:        ian@gamespot.com
Subject:   How does one add an addtional disk to an existing freeBSD installation?

There must be a straight forward procedure for fdisk, disklabel and
newsfs to add additional disks to an existing system.  I just can't seem
to figure it out.  /etc/disktab does'nt have my existing boot drive
there yet freeBSD knows how to use it -- so I'm disinclined to believe
those that say I must concoct an /etc/disktab entry for my new disk.

Both disks, the existing boot drive and the new one, are Connor 1 gig
SCSI drives hanging off of an Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller.   Please
shed some light on this for me!

The freeBSD Docs CD does'nt seem to have this covered, nor is it in the
FAQ, nor in the Handbook - nowhere that I've found!

Regards,

Ian
ian@gamespot.com