Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:50:10 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Greg Rivers <gcr+freebsd-ports@tharned.org>
Cc:        David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multimedia/vlc compile error with latest upgrade

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 01:38:30PM -0600, Greg Rivers wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, David Southwell wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know how to fix this one
> >

> I'm seeing the same build failure, but only on FreeBSD 7.3.  It
> builds fine for me on FreeBSD 8.1.
>
> --
> Greg

	Folks,

	As most of you know, i'm a [very] late adapter.  (I've gotten
	severely burned trying NEW, IMPROVED stuff.  So I'm using the
	3 2-bit 7.3.  And having massive build failures when trying to
	build things like KDE4 and a couple other things.

	Anybody else have troubles of this kind: 7.3 vs 8.x?  I have
	almost/___Almost___ finished my new-improved energy saving
	hardware upgrades.  I don't like messing with things that
	work, even if not-completely.  --Besides, didn't somebody mention
	that 5.7 was almost the same as 6.0.rc1?

	gary

	PS: more along these lines coming

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix