Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 00:55:49 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Marko Schuetz <marko@ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
Subject:   Re: bind before hosts and iijppp...

> Sysinstall should offer setting up a local caching DNS server anyway,
> this can be done within 10 seconds, at the cost of a few hundred KB of
> RAM.  If you're PPP connected, it's wise to also mirror the forward
> and reverse zones of your own domain.

Arrrgh, not always ;O  My domain is a full class B :I, but I do
host a "dumb" DNS to save a little on line traffic (and to play
of course).  I agree that something should be set up by default,
maybe with a commented out example of how to be secondary for
say freebsd.org.

[.....]

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>