Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:14:22 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        JacobRhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GCC as a selling point for FreeBSD? (Not!)

Terry,

-On [20030119 22:53], Terry Lambert (tlambert2@mindspring.com) wrote:
>JacobRhoden wrote:
>> Just a thought, but considering that TenDRA compiles to an intermediatory
>> 'platform independant' stage (ie like java) would it be wise to write an
>> operating system in this language? for a start, i could imagine that it would
>> always take longer to compile. and I guess (has someone already said this)
>> that you could not use in-line asm in such a language (or am i wrong?).
>
>TenDRA is a "quad" compiler; it compiles to a quad tree, and then
>you post-process that into a particular assembly language using a
>back-end.

You are talking nonesense.  Please get your facts straight before
actually throwing forth what you consider to be the truth in that
imaginative little head of yours.

Please see http://www.tendra.org/ and everything underneath it in terms
of documentation and facts.

Furthermore, to quiet some other speculation and such on this topic:
TenDRA is BSD Licensed, we're actively working together with some
committers to get gcc-dependencies fixed in the source tree (on another
note, we also periodically test apps:
http://www.tendra.org/~asmodai/compiled-apps.txt).

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / Kita no Mono
Ninth Circle Enterprises | WTO + WIPO = DMCA?