Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:11:21 -0600
From:      Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   16 port 10/100 hubs/switches.

I just went out & bought a D-Link 10/100 switch. There was another 16 port
10/100 switch on sale by netgear, for twice the price. Now I've established
that they're both switches (as opposed to hubs) and the three machines I
current have connected to it have sucessfully negotiated 100Mbs full-duplex
(speed is great!). Is there any reasons why I should've considered the netgear
unit? I didn't see anything on the box (after a rather cursory perusal) on it
about managability, SNMP et cetera.

	Stephen

PS - Anyone going to SC2000?
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California