Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:33:19 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   rpc.lockd brokenness

Hi,

Since I committed rev 1.18 of usr.sbin/rpc.lockd/lock_proc.c, I heard
several report about interoperability problems.

Unfortunatelly, I cannot reproduce this problem.  Relevant PRs are:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/80389
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/84953

My questions are:

- Problem is uninterruptible lock?  Or other problem exists?
- If you have a problem, that is reproducable?  Or sometimes happens?
- If you have a problem, backing out r1.18 of my commit solves it?

I hope I can fix this problem before 6.1R.  Any help will be
appreciated.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project