Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:12:38 -0500
From:      Robert Brown <rshn@twcny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mplayer port install question..

Hi folks,
  FreeBSD newbie here... been enjoying learning and using this great OS as my
primary desktop machine. Anyway... I have encountered an error installing the
mplayer port on 4.5 Prerelease and I have not been able to locate the
solution. I have pasted the shell output below. Any help/feedback is much
appreciated ;-)
-
Robert Brown

# cd /usr/ports/graphics/mplayer
# make install clean
===>  Configuring for mplayer-0.50.0.2_1
_asREEN_SIZE_X: not found
./configure: 216: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
cat: config.log: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/mplayer.