Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:31:57 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        bv@wjv.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new rc.network6 and rc.firewall6

In message <20001022214151.C7279@wjv.com> Bill Vermillion writes:
: One of the reasons for the numbers in the SysVR4 arena is to
: set the order of execution so programs which other depend upon
: are executed first.  How does the NetBSD solve this problem.

The scripts themselves have the ordering dependencies.  The startup
system runs them in the proper order.  I don't know if this is
pre-computed or redone each boot.  Turns out to be fairly cheap to
do.  I'd check, but my netbsd box is currently off the net since I've
not setit back up after BSDcon.

Warner