Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:17:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        announce@freebsd.org
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.7 Boot floppies updated on ftp.freebsd.org

Here are the new MD5 checksums if you want to make sure you've got the
latest and greatest:

MD5 (boot.flp) = 978decacb9508ddea5908f7b2f781923
MD5 (boot4.flp) = 52bbedd7a3ccbeb09c9b3516024ba7e8
MD5 (fixit.flp) = b8be0b59dae73b16d0586bfda98b4310

Mirrors, *please* check your floppies directories and make sure you've
got these bits!  If you're not sure, simply remove
2.1.7-RELEASE/floppies/*.flp and let your mirror pick up new copies on
its next pass.

This fixes a bug where people with FTP timeouts on lossy connections
would sometimes see a signal-11.  It didn't occur in any of my testing
because my connection isn't lossy enough, unfortunately. :-)

This is the only bug fixed by this update, and if you've already
successfully installed 2.1.7 or are not planning on installing 2.1.7
over FTP then you do not need to worry about any of this and can hit
`d' now.

Those tracking the 2.1-stable source branch (see
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/stable.html) will also receive the
source changes for fixing this bug and can always rebuild just
sysinstall by going to /usr/src/release/sysinstall and doing a make,
then copying the new executable into /stand.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this problem.

					Jordan