Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:49:58 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        kyungjoon min <jkmin@yahoo.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: questions on how to download freebsd from the internet

On Friday 27 July 2001 11:40 am, kyungjoon min wrote:
> I am trying to learn for my own education how to
> install and use Unix.
> I chose Freebsd because it is free, but then how do
> you download the
> complete OS?
>
> I am thinking of my  internet connection at work  to
> download, but then
> how to
> download and save using ftp.  Do I download one file
> or directory at a
> time
> or can I download all the file and dir at one time?
>
> How do you find out that my work internet connection
> has a firewall that
>
> blocks the ftp download?  Thank you very much for your
> help.

Go to:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors.html

Beech

Micro$oft: "Where can we make you go today?"
     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510