Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:32:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>
To:        Pat Waters <patw@eskridgeinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Root Telnet?

Telnetting into a machine over the clear is discourages, especially
telnetting as root. Create a user for yourself, telnet in as that user
then 'su' to root. If you absolutely need to login as root, I would
recommend that you use 'ssh' to encrypt the communications between you and
the remote server.

Omachonu Ogali
Intranova Networking Group